I’m not a big fan of crowds. Some might argue the wisdom of crowds, but they’re not for me.
I prefer communities.
As Much As I’m Interested in Naked Butts…
Remember Pets.com and the Bubble Bursting?
What About Obsessive Consumerism?
- Crowds are designed to be manipulated.
- Crowds are made up of followers.
- Crowds are too single-minded (if “minded” at all.)
- Crowds turn too easily into mobs.
- Crowds don’t listen. They’re past that point.
- Crowds smell (OK, maybe not, but if you’re ever stuck in a crowded elevator…)
Give me a community over a crowd any day.