I’m pleased to announce (even though it’s around 4am and I’m barely conscious) that Standout Jobs is live! We just launched officially to the world with press releases, a new website, a bunch of customers and of course, an actual product.
The product is called RECEPTION. It’s a suite of web-based tools to power your online recruiting efforts. At its core you’ll find a do-it-yourself, interactive Career Site. The idea is to give companies the power to truly showcase their cultures and teams. Candidates want more information and interactivity from companies, and we hope to provide that. By allowing companies and candidates to build on-going relationships we make the process of hiring a more human one, which is ultimately, what it’s all about any way. Job descriptions and job requirements are nice (or not!) but what candidates really want is an inside view into your company – they want to know if it’s a good cultural and personal fit.
Along with the core Career Site functionality we also have a few additional tools:
- Job Marketing: Companies can publish job posts to a multitude of job boards from one interface. It’s a time saver and allows us to send back key metrics on the effectiveness of the job boards. The key is to use job boards as a distribution platform; driving people back to your Career Site instead of forcing them to make a decision whether to apply or not from a job posting.
- Track Candidates: Companies can track candidates through the hiring process: voting, commenting and collaborating on applications. Companies can also source candidates online using a bookmarklet – which allows them to save candidates from other sources. The goal is to help companies gather information about candidates and keep track of it in one central place.
We’ve decided to go with a simple, straightforward business model. Companies sign-up for a 90-day free trial, and then start paying a monthly subscription of $149. At some point I’ll probably go into more detail on why we chose this business model (but I’m just too tired today!)
I’m very excited to announce a great list of customers that are launching with us. I encourage you to check them all out and see some of the cool jobs they’ve got available.
- Invite Media
- Agents of Change
This has been an amazing journey. In some ways that goes without saying, but it still needs to be said. Of course, this is very much the beginning – we’re launching, at DEMO – but the fun is just beginning. I can only imagine where we’ll be in another 6 and 12 months.
Please visit Standout Jobs and let me know what you think!
Some stories on Standout Jobs:
- Standout Jobs Aims to Engage
- DEMO 2008 Companies Roundup – TechCrunch
- Standout Jobs – Easy Recruitment Portals for Small Business – CenterNetworks
- Standout Jobs Unveils a Suite to Empower a Company’s Recruiting Efforts – Montreal Tech Watch
- Bookmark and Share Potential Employees with Standout Jobs – Mashable