It’s that time of the month again (the first of the monthy!) … blogtipping day where people make note of 3 blogs they enjoy; give 3 compliments and 1 helpful tip. It’s a fun way to reach out, and potentially introduce people to some resources they hadn’t heard of before.
Blog #1: Billions With Zero Knowledge (feed) by Austin Hill
- Austin only started the blog a couple weeks ago, but his voice is coming through already. If anyone can talk the talk when it comes to entrepreneurship, Austin’s the guy.
- He won’t shy away from a little controversy, and that can be a benefit to the blogosphere, if done correctly. We’re not talking flaming, we’re talking smart, detailed and analytical commentary. Check out Puff The Magic Dragon Lives on CBC.
- Austin’s a staunch supporter of Canadian entrepreneurship, which we could all use up here in the Great White North. I can almost guarantee you’ll see more writing from Austin about this in the near future.
Tip: The blog’s young so there’s plenty to do when it comes to fixing up the availability of RSS feeds, adding more social bookmarking services, etc. Any new blog is a work in progress…
Blog #2: Mindful Entrepreneur (feed) by Jason Clegg
- Jason has an easygoing, welcoming writing style. He did write a book after all…
- He writes a lot of actionable content; stuff that you can do along with him or learn directly from. For example, 30 Day Time Management (No Stats) Marathon.
- He’s constantly trying to improve his website and business efforts; so things don’t ever feel stale.
Tip: Something about the blog design makes me think too much of Steve Pavlina. I think Jason would benefit from a more unique / distinct image. There’s a couple of other minor things that I think would improve navigation on the site. For example, at the bottom of a post there’s a link “Read More Articles…” which goes to an Archive page. I’d prefer the ability to scroll through the posts instead.
Blog #3: CoolBusinessIdeas.com (feed) by Marcel Sim
- It’s just plain fun. They post about some of the latest, greatest in new business ideas; from the uber-cool to the uber-absurd.
- It’s a great resource for a little inspiration. They’ve got a free newsletter that summarizes some of the latest business ideas out there. You might find an opportunity or two, or use it to springboard your own business ideas.
- The blog design is simple, clean and easy to read.
Tip: I think CoolBusinessIdeas.com could be even better if Marcel and his partners wrote more of their own thoughts on the various business ideas they post about. Aggregating the information is the first step; now let’s hear some opinions and conversation!
That’s it for this month’s blogtipping! I hope you enjoyed it…[tags]blogtipping, easton ellsworth, businessblogwire, coolbusinessideas, business, ideas, entrepreneurship, jason clegg, austin hill, zero knowledge[/tags]