It was time.
I’ve updated the design at Instigator Blog with something that I hope works well for everyone.
If you’re reading this via the RSS feed, please come take a look!
So why did I do it?
- I wanted something a bit more sophisticated looking.
- I wanted to flex my design and WordPress editing muscles.
- I never really liked the fonts of the old design.
- I wanted to experiment with a 3-column layout.
- I wanted to shrink the height of the header and get more content above the fold.
I think this design does a much better job of showing people what Instigator Blog is all about. My biggest worry with making the move was alienating anyone in my community, and newcomers as well. It was crucial that the design be inviting and open. I think it’s both, but with more flair.
I’ve still got a bit of fine tuning to do in a few places, but I’m ecstatic with how it turned out.
But now it’s your turn — What do YOU think?
Take a poke around, look at some posts, pages, search, etc. and let me know your thoughts!