Marc-Andre Cournoyer (ex-Standout employee, current CTO of SocialGrapes) doesn’t blog as much as he should. That’s a shame cause he’s a great guy, kick ass programmer, startup founder, and worth listening to. But he did write a post entitled Goals in March 2010 that got me thinking a lot about my own goals. I wasn’t ready to write anything publicly until I announced the acquisition of Standout Jobs. With that done, I can look to the future and the rest of 2010.
Hopefully I’ll keep doing this for years to come, and we’ll see if it helps me get things done. (Items in bold are already completed. And they’re not in any particular order.)
- Start a new company in the B2C space (underway – and hiring!
- Learn how to code (in a very rudimentary way)
- Read more comic books (done: thanks to Marvel’s iPhone app!)
- Help more entrepreneurs get started and take their startups to the next level
- Push the Montreal startup community forward
- Write more frequent blog posts
- Become an angel investor
- Redesign my blog
- Increase traffic to the blog by 25%
- Surpass 4,000 RSS subscribers – on June 15, 2010 I hit 6,172 RSS subscribers.
- Get into an exercise routine (if there was a half-bold, I’d use it for this)
- Go on vacation more
- Simplify my life
- Organize my personal finances
I’m going to update this list as my interests and objectives change. We’ll see what it looks like going forward.
It may be late for a post on goals for 2010 (usually that’s a New Year’s activity!) — but bugger it, what are your goals for the next 6-7 months?