Leah Maclean at Working Solo has tagged me with a meme that’s been rolling through the blogosphere. It asks people to post about 5 things our blog communities don’t know about us.
I was happy to get tagged, cause it’s fun, and I like doing similar things with group writing projects I’ve created, but the more I thought about it, the harder time I had finding 5 things to tell people. I’m not inclined to tell you about my 3rd nipple for example (oops!) but I do want my 5 things to be entertaining and interesting.
So here’s my list of 5 things you didn’t know about me:
- I’m left-handed. A southpaw. Always have been. And you know what they say about people who are left-handed right?
- I can’t skate. This is rather embarrassing for me as a big hockey fan and a good ole Canadian boy. I tried to learn as a kid, but I’ve got flat feet and complained a lot. Eventually my parents gave up.
- I love collecting things. I don’t do it much anymore (no time really) but I’ve collected lots of stuff: comics, hockey cards, stamps, toy soldiers and more. Mostly when I was a kid but the urge to collect is still there.
- I used to be a complainer. Complaining is easy. I used to do a lot of it. This may surprise some people because much of what I write here is fairly positive and optimistic. I’m over the complaining now (for the most part!)
- I took a few years off. I didn’t quit work to travel the world or anything like that, but mentally and emotionally I was checked out for quite some time. I lost my mojo. I’ve got it back though, but those years (and they weren’t that long ago) were pretty bland and unproductive.
So there you have it. Ben Yoskovitz in a nutshell (wow, now I’m talking in the 3rd person!)
Thank you to Leah for tagging me with this. It’s my turn to spread the meme further and hopefully be entertained by what others tell us about themselves. I’d like to know 5 more things about: