But after days of deliberation I’ve come up with 5 more things you didn’t know about me…until just now (assuming you keep reading; please do…)
- I once wrote a book. It was called The Buzzword Bingo Book: The Complete, Definitive Guide to the Underground Workplace Game of Doublespeak. Technically it was co-written, but it’s a long story. I had 15 minutes of fame back in 1998 with buzzword bingo (more like 20-25 minutes actually.) Made it into the Wall Street Journal and everything. Before blogging took off (or even existed?)
- In my senior year of highschool I played football – defensive tackle. I wasn’t particularly good, but the team needed some warm bodies to play. Apparently I was warm enough. More than anything this shows you the vast difference between Canadian and US highschool sports. I don’t think there’s a single highschool in the United States where I would have been big or strong enough to play football.
- I’ve never smoked in my life. I’ve never even tried it, not once. Not a single puff, drag or taste. Never ever. Smoking just never appealed to me (and the peer pressure wasn’t strong enough I guess.) Having said that I was far from a choir boy…
- Actually, I was a choir boy. Way back when I sang in the choir until my voice cracked horribly and I sounded like a dying sheep. That was the end of that. But back in those days the Anglican private school I went to (I’m not Anglican if you’re wondering) took choir pretty seriously. We even toured around.
- I used to listen to Raising Hell by Run DMC nonstop. I’m not much of a rap or hip hop fan these days, but back in Grade 6, 7 and 8 (or thereabouts) Run DMC was it. I still think it’s a great album.
Now that I’ve suitably embarrassed myself I think I’ll leave it at that. This has been a very fun meme but everything has to disappear into the sunset eventually.
I do appreciate Robyn and Shawn thinking about me and tagging me…