For me, 2010 is all about Freedom. Not necessarily the type of freedom that requires you to crash through the proverbial wall of doom, or bang your head against it so many times that you’re lying unconscious in a pool of your own blood; but the type of freedom that’s built on top of that and so much more.
2009 was all about survival. I think that’s the case for a lot of people. And it’s OK to look back and reflect on the year that was, to remember the good, bad and ugly. I think it’s good to look back – as long as you’re able to pull yourself away from it, turn forward and charge ahead.
So 2010 … and Freedom. What’s that mean?
Freedom (for me) means a lot of things:
- The freedom to say NO.
- The freedom to say YES.
- Financial freedom (or more of it.)
- The freedom to go on vacation (it’s been ~3 years).
- The freedom to explore more opportunities.
- The freedom to read more books.
- The freedom to experiment.
- The freedom to make more mistakes (I have to put that in there, because it’s bound to happen).
- The freedom to help others a lot more than I did in 2009.
- The freedom to see the truth, accept it and learn from it.