Around 3 years ago I started Standout Jobs with two great guys – Fred Ngo and Austin Hill. We raised money, built a great product, hired an incredible team and worked to build a business. Today I’m pleased to announce that we’ve sold Standout Jobs.
I can’t name the acquirer at this point in time. I can tell you that I’m very excited to see what they do with Standout Jobs, because I fundamentally believe what we built and the vision we pushed will be standards in the recruitment industry for years to come. Companies that ignore their employer brands and don’t create a quality, interactive, candidate-centric hub on the Web for recruitment will lose.
It’s been an incredible journey. There are more people to thank than I have space for, but here we go just the same:
- My co-founders: I couldn’t have done it without Austin Hill and Fred Ngo. Great guys. True entrepreneurs.
- My team: We hired some of the best and brightest in Montreal. Many of those guys have gone on to do great things, and more is yet to come. It was by far the best team I’ve ever assembled (and yes, I’m thinking about the Avengers right now).
- My investors: We wouldn’t have survived without our investors. They committed very early on to us and our vision for recruitment and this company.
- The customers: Our customers were great – supportive, helpful, and eager to provide feedback.
- The recruitment industry: The entire industry welcomed Standout Jobs with open arms (OK, most of it!) I was able to connect with many of the thought leaders in the space and establish my own voice and network that was extremely valuable.
I’ve learned a LOT in this process. Most of which I’ll hopefully be able to share on this blog over the next little while. Most of the lessons were very hard ones. But I’m going to take some time to reflect properly, make copious notes, and figure out how to present 3 years of being smack in the middle of startup insanity.
Back to the acquisition — I’m in the midst of finalizing a short transition with the acquirer. That will be done soon. I’ve already started working on a couple new projects, but nothing I’m ready to announce just yet. So stay tuned!