You just need to go look.
And you don’t even have to lift any heavy rocks.
The world is rife with opportunity.
- start new businesses
- help others
- build communities
- get out of your comfort zone
- create challenges for yourself
2005 was my “Year of Living Under a Rock.”
2006 was my “Year of Moving the Damn Rock Out of the Way.”
I learned that there are tons of opportunities out there and they’re easy to find.
- Start blogging and once you have keep learning how to do it better. Remember: online friends are real. Take those online relationships seriously; grow them into personal and professional relationships.
- Get out there and meet people face-to-face.
- Be comfortable in your own skin and with your own abilities. You rock at something, don’t be afraid to tell people what it is.
- Know what you want. Tell people what you want. Tell people how you can help them.
- Follow up, stay friendly and have fun.
Those are the steps to opportunity-nirvana.
The biggest thing holding people back is that they’re not out there looking for opportunities. They’re not looking for ways to succeed.
Finding opportunities is easy. You just have to go look.
This is part of the What Have You Learned Group Writing Project. You can participate as well! Write a post about what you’ve learned in 2006, link it back to Instigator Blog and tell me about it.
If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing via RSS to this blog’s feed. Thank you.
I’ve also submitted this post to Darren Rowse’s group writing project about reviews (of the past) and predictions (for the future.)