You’ve found my blog and chosen to read a bit more about me. Thank you.
I started blogging in 2006. I do what I can to blog regularly, although I suffer significant bouts of writer’s block on a semi-frequent basis.
I’m also a Founding Partner at Year One Labs, which is an early stage accelerator in Montreal. We invested in five startups: Localmind, Massive Damage, HighScore House, qidiq and Happy Stuff. Three of those companies have gone on to raise follow on capital.
Prior to that I was the CEO and co-founder of Standout Jobs, which I sold in 2010. I’ve been an entrepreneur in the web space for 15+ years.
I’m also involved in a number of different projects as an advisor, consultant and mentor. My main interests include: Web/mobile startups, game startups, product management, entrepreneurship, customer service and social media. I obsess over things like analytics, customer acquisition, viral loops, product/market fit and building great stuff.
Blogging provides an outlet for my thoughts and experiences. I’ve learned a lot over the years – had some success (and more failures!) – and enjoy sharing what I can with others. Blogging is a great way to build relationships and maintain contact with friends and colleagues all over the world.
I live in Montreal, Quebec (Canada).
Please feel free to contact me: email@example.com
A few quick facts:
- I started blogging in early 2006, and really didn’t know what I was doing. It’s been a crash course ever since. I’d like to think I learned a thing or two, but feel free to tell me otherwise.
- I have two sons. And an absurdly patient wife.
- I’m growing less and less fond of Montreal winters. California, anyone?
- I learned more in 2007 about business and startups than I had in all the years prior. It was an insane year.
- I tend to write on a variety of topics, so things bounce around a little. But variety is the spice of life, right?
- I’m addicted to my iPhone and iPad (sad, but true.)
- I never have less than 10 chat windows open at any given time.
Subscribe to Instigator Blog
Please stay in touch with Instigator Blog and what I’m up to by subscribing to updates. You can do so in a few ways:
I hope you enjoy Instigator Blog. And don’t be shy: bloggers love comments more than anything in the world…and I’m no different!